| 4 comments ]

MY MIND IS BLOWN!!!

So I checked in on Twitter just now and noticed a Tweet by @JessiJaeJopin for a video about how to smoke Smarties. So I clicked on the link, and thought... mmm how could your possibly smoke the chocolaty goodness of Smarties?

When I arrived at the youtube link and saw that what the kid was infact holding were Rockets and not Smarties, I got confused and assumed the kid had made a mistake. Then I noticed on the sidebar that other kids had made videos on how to smoke Smarties as well (but all of them were actually smoking Rockets). So I quickly googled the term "Smarties" and wikipedia informed me that Smarties are actually a European and Commonwealth Nation (i.e. Canada, Australia, South Africa) candy coated chocolate, and that they are not widely available in the US.

For the American readers out there, Smarties are basically M&M's, but in my opinion they are way better. But the M&M vs Smarties debate still rages on in the forementioned locations.

Anyway, I was just so in shock that I had to spit out a quick blog about this. So not only do our American cousins miss out on Ketchup chips, but they don't get to taste Smarties either. (I genuinely feel horrible for them right now).

I leave you now, with this very old classic commercial (of which you will still hear sung on play school grounds across Canada to this day).

Questions:
a) When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last?
b) Which do you prefer, Smarties or M&Ms?

Maria

Share and Enjoy!
Digg Stumble This Del.icio.us Live Twitthis Google Yahoo Reddit Technorati Feedmelinks .

4 comments

Unknown said... @ March 21, 2009 8:41 PM

Skittles.

Anonymous said... @ November 18, 2009 8:54 PM

We have ketchup chips don't worry, and dill pickle.

But what don't have is Tim Horton's wide spread.

Anonymous said... @ November 09, 2010 1:36 AM

Smarties for sure, now that I've had the proper ones XD

We could use more Tim Horton's, like the otherAnon said

Anonymous said... @ February 15, 2013 12:29 AM

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.
nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the
following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside
case you shield this hike.
Here is my website :: pizza games games

Post a Comment

scribble back