| 4 comments ]

Is everyone stoked about the upcoming Juno Awards this year?? Yeah me neither. To be honest, I think they kind of suck because they never profile all of the true amazing Canadian artists and groups that they should and if I have to look at Chad Kroeger's stupid hair one more time, I may vomit. Although I must admit this year seems like there might be some strong points. My bro's in the Cancer Bats are nominated for best "New Group", funny...they're not new at all, but hey, at least they're starting to get recognized. Fucked Up are also nominated for best Alternative album! That's kind of a big deal. Russell Peters is hosting the awards also, and I'm not gonna lie, he may or may not make me pee my pants from laughter. So with those 3 elements to the 2009 Juno awards, it should be a pretty good show, make sure you check them out this coming Sunday at 8pm on CTV.

Love,
Sarah-Zee

Share and Enjoy!
Digg Stumble This Del.icio.us Live Twitthis Google Yahoo Reddit Technorati Feedmelinks .

4 comments

Unknown said... @ March 25, 2009 10:52 AM

I think something like the ECMAs do a better job of assessing the pulse of Canadian music. Even if it's just the East Coast.

That's What She Said said... @ March 25, 2009 12:03 PM

To be honest, I didn't even know that the Juno awards was approaching- that's how much it is isn't publicized.

This award show is underappreciated. There are many new upcoming artists that should be recognized, as well as individuals and groups that we are already familiar with.

Thanks for letting us know about the time and date and good luck to your brother!

Anonymous said... @ March 25, 2009 12:11 PM

I always watch the Juno's... but hopefully Chad Kroger dies before they take place.
Love,

tori

Karen said... @ March 26, 2009 3:24 PM

Lights is nominated for a Juno and that's all that matters.

Post a Comment

scribble back